- How to use
How to use
- Apply stick to face avoiding eyes.
- With wet fingers, gently massage all around face to activate.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- May be used on your beard and before shaving for a closer shave.
The nitty gritty
- Our face cleansing stick uses Activated Charcoal and other gentle exfoliants to clear away dead skin cells and dissolve deep-down dirt.
- Its solid stick form makes it perfect for traveling or throwing in a gym bag without worrying about it spilling or leaking. It's TSA-friendly, too.
- Antioxidant-rich Alpine Caribou Moss™ from northern Finland boosts elasticity and guards against environmental stressors like pollution.
Alcohol-Free, Glycol-Free, Paraben-Free, Phthalate-Free, Sulfate-Free
Ingredients (Hover over ingredient to see details)ent to see details)
Water, Propanediol, Sodium Stearate (Palm Derived), Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Silica, Quaternium-90 Sepiolite, Charcoal Powder, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, *Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Quaternium-90 Montmorillonite, Cladonia Stellaris Extract (Alpine Caribou Moss), Sodium Benzoate
Charcoal binds to dirt and sweat to keep your pores clear and pimple-free. When you expose charcoal to high heat, it’s called “activated charcoal.” This makes it extra porous so it can collect dirt. Activated charcoal acts like a magnet, absorbing up to 200x its weight in impurities which helps prevent breakouts. Charcoal is extra special because it isn’t absorbed by skin, so when you wash it off it takes all the dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells with it.
Some charcoal face washes (like ours) are intended to be used daily because they are made with gentle formulas. Others may be more abrasive to the skin, like a charcoal scrub, which you wouldn’t want to use every day. Make sure you check the directions for use for a particular face wash to make sure you’re using it with the frequency it was intended.
Charcoal is great at exfoliating the skin, so when you use it on your beard it helps remove the dead skin cells that build up under your beard over time. There are lots of benefits to this -- you’re likely to have fewer breakouts and ingrown hairs as well as less itchiness and beard dandruff. You can also use charcoal on your facial hair before shaving for a closer shave.