DEO DETOX GUIDE
When switching from antiperspirant to aluminum-free deodorant, it can take some time for you body to adjust. Here's what to expect during the deo detox period.
Note that this is just a guide - your body may follow a different timeline!
The nitty gritty
- What's a microbiome? Your skin is full of billions of microbes called a "microbiome." They work hard to maintain your skin's immunity and aid in preventing dermatitis (eczema) and psoriasis. When the natural bacteria in the microbiome are disturbed, your skin becomes vulnerable to increased inflammation and altered pH. This can cause uncomfortable rashes and skin conditions. Your microbiome feeds your body good bacteria to keep your skin's pH balanced. Read more about how deodorant affects your skin's microbiome.
- Why do we use Prebiotics in our unscented deodorant? If your skin isn't feeling healthy or fresh, it's likely that your microbiome is off. Prebiotics help keep your microbiome balanced with healthy bacteria rather than odor-causing bacteria. Just like your gut loves healthy bacteria, so does your skin!
- Our non-sticky formula dries quickly and absorbs moisture while reducing friction from hair and inflammation that comes from movement.
- This vegan deodorant formula is aluminum-free, which means sweat stains are a thing of the past. Read about the top benefits of switching to aluminum-free deodorant.
- First time using a fragrance-free and aluminum-free deodorant? Learn about what to expect when switching to aluminum-free deodorant.
Aluminum-Free, Alcohol-Free, Glycol-Free, Paraben-Free, Phthalate-Free, Sulfate-Free
Ingredients (Hover over ingredient to see details)
Propanediol (Corn Derived), Water, Glycerin, Diatomaceous Earth, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder, Saccharomyces Ferment, Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Yeast Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Caffeine, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cladonia Stellaris Extract (Alpine Caribou Moss), Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbandensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Jojoba Esters, Cellulose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethyl Citrate, Stearyl Alcohol, Silica, Hydrated Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide.
- One of the best base ingredients for an aluminum-free deodorant is Corn Starch. It’s great at absorbing sweat and has a silky feeling, whereas an ingredient like Baking Soda has a powdery texture.
- Aloe helps prevent chafing and irritation as well as acts as an antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic.
- Baking soda has a higher pH level than corn starch, which can result in dryness and irritation on the skin.
- Has a powdery texture
- Absorbs sweat without clogging pores
- Corn starch has a smooth texture.
- Has a neutral pH level