The Oars + Alps copywriter is a key player of our marketing team responsible for bringing the voice of the brand to life across all channels. Reporting to the CMO, you will be responsible for writing the copy for all emails, website, products (primary and secondary packaging), and blog posts.
Oars + Alps is looking for a brilliant copywriter to join our team. We have developed a specific look and feel and now we want to take it to the next level with a brand voice that is equally compelling. We are creating an athleisure brand that resonates with men on-the-go and also the female “skin gatekeepers" in their lives.
In order to achieve this goal, we need to have more than just great products and terrific customer service. We need to have a story that customers love, and that's where copywriting comes in. Copy is a huge element of why customers will fall in love with a brand. As our Copywriter, you'll be responsible for shaping, evolving, and sharpening our voice to our customers in a way that aligns with our product, service, and brand purpose. You will also be in charge of our blog, The Oarsman. Our goal with the blog is to be informative, funny and to create content that is shareable that drives sales.
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- Has 4+ years of copy experience, preferably at a digital brand
- Is able to concept and develop ideas using available assets
- Comfortable writing a weekly blog and sourcing ideas for it
- Can identify and create editorial stories
- Has deep experience in email marketing
- Understands the power of a compelling subject line and a succinct headline
- Is obsessed with click thru rates
- Has the ability to craft impactful copy ranging from billboards to blog posts
- Understands that strategy and creativity go hand-in-hand
- Is inspired by finding innovative and creative ways to deliver a business message
- Is a true collaborator who thrives in a brainstorm but can also work independently to create top‐tier work
- Is self-motivated and comfortable working within tight deadlines
- Doesn’t want a 9-5 job but is ready to be part of the constant startup lifestyle
- Embodies an entrepreneurial spirit and is a problem solver.
- Organized in keep a blog calendar
If interested email email@example.com with the subject line: Copywriter Job. Please include your resume, 3 copywriting samples (one must be a blog post). If you have physical product copy and email samples, please include too.