8:50 AM: It’s Friday morning after a late Thursday night. It’s later than you normally roll in the office and you opted not to get a coffee because you’re already late. You glance at your reflection in the reflective elevator doors. Per usual, your hair and outfit are on point. Just one issue. Well...two to be exact. The lack of sleep you got last night has shown up under both eyes. Dark, puffy under-eyes happen, even to the best of us. Why?
The under-eye bag trifecta
- Fluid build up triggered by allergies, salt, or alcohol (that you had any last night!) increases pressure under the eyes and forces blood vessels closer to the surface of the skin.
- Inflamed blood vessels are caused by increased blood flow that cause our vessels to swell. A lack of sleep, exposure to harsh conditions and pollution are all triggers for increased blood flow.
- Thin skin because we’re human...the skin under our eyes is 1.5mm thinner than everywhere else on our body. Thin, fragile skin under our eyes dramatize puffiness and makes it easier to see swollen blood vessels.
- 8:50 AM: You exit the elevator and head to the bathroom. You could try splashing cold water on your face but it’s not going help the same way our caffeinated Wake Up Eye Stick will.
Our trifecta of ingredients
- Aloe cools, soothes, and de-puffs
- Caffeine constricts the blood vessels under the skin, reducing blood flow to the area and brightening dark areas
- Alpine Caribou Moss protects and strengthens already thin skin (plus, anti-aging properties fight against fine lines and wrinkles).
- 8:53 AM: After two swipes under your eyes, you and your once dark, puffy under-eyes are now calm, cool and collected.
Take to the oars,
Join the club!
Subscribe to The Oars + Alps newsletter for email updates and extra special content!